TERMS & CONDITIONS
Merewether Guitar Studio Terms and Conditions Policy, January 2024
1. We think our tutors are awesome and hope you do too. However, we have a policy in place not to disclose any contact details of the tutor to respect their privacy and downtime, and we request that you do not ask them for their details either.
2. MGS requires 24 hours’ notice for the cancellations of all lessons. It is necessary to contact MGS directly for cancellations – the preferred method is texting to 0490 436 924.
3. Lessons cancelled with less than 24 hours’ notice are forfeited (paid cancellations).
4. Please do not discuss lesson schedule changes with the tutor, as we require written notice via text or email for any make-up lesson or reschedule to occur.
5. A maximum of ONE make-up lesson is granted each term.
6. Gift Vouchers must be used by the expiry date written on the voucher.
7. If a student’s address or availability changes before completing a term of lessons, MGS has no obligation to provide lessons at the new location or for the new availability and any remaining lessons may be forfeited.
8. If a tutor is absent for any reason, such as illness or a personal emergency you will be contacted, and an appropriate sub-tutor will be arranged. No make-up lessons will be offered if the services of the sub-tutor are refused. If a sub-tutor cannot be arranged, a make-up lesson or extended lesson will be offered, or you will be credited for the following term.
9. If a tutor fails to arrive at the agreed time for a lesson, please bring your concerns to the attention of the MGS admin.
10. If you wish to change tutors, instruments, or transfer lessons from one student to another, please email MGS admin and we can discuss any possible options for you.
11. Lesson payments are charged on a per-term basis (following NSW school terms) and are strictly payable in advance by direct bank transfer to MGS. This advance payment secures your lesson time and tutor for the term.
12. Lesson payments are due at the end of the second week of each term. Please state the invoice number in the banking reference. Payments are non-refundable and non-transferable.
13. While students enrol by the term, it’s possible to commence lessons at any time during that term. In this instance, billing will be on a pro-rata basis of that term.
14. Overdue lesson payments will incur a charge of $50 administration fee. In the event of default on payment(s), MGS will take necessary action to recover the debt through our debt recovery agent. The client will be responsible for all costs incurred, including surcharges and administration fees.
15. If a student is unable to attend a lesson due to prolonged illness, an application can be made to MGS for remission of the unused tuition fees. The remission will be credited towards the student’s fees for the following term.
16. Please notify MGS admin of any address and/or availability changes as early as possible to help us accommodate the change. MGS does not have any obligation to facilitate changes that differ from the agreement made upon payment of our services.
Creative Kids Vouchers:
17. If you wish to use a Creative Kids Voucher it must be submitted before the second week of term by emailing the voucher number, student's full name and date of birth to MGS admin. The voucher amount will then be deducted from the invoice amount.
18. All lessons offered by Merewether Guitar Studio (MGS) are conducted by qualified music tutors who hold a valid Working With Children Check (WWCC).
19. Bookings for lessons must be made through the MGS website or phone number, and full acceptance of these Terms and Conditions is required before proceeding with a booking. By making a payment, you indicate your acceptance and understanding of MGS’ Terms and Conditions.
20. MGS holds no liability or responsibility for any injuries sustained by students during their participation in any activities related to MGS.
21. MGS holds no liability or responsibility for any minors, siblings, friends, or relatives of the students who attend or wait at MGS locations while the students are having music lessons.
22. MGS holds no liability or responsibility for any damages caused by students, minors, siblings, friends, or relatives of the students at any location where MGS operates.
23. These Terms and Conditions shall be construed and interpreted per the laws of the state of NSW. Any legal actions, claims, or demands arising from these Terms and Conditions shall be handled in a court of competent jurisdiction within the state of NSW.